Friday, October 26, 2007

Treadle Update






Ok as promised like forever ago, here are some pictures of my lovely treadle...
The first picture is the case, not really in good condition at all. I've since taken that particular piece off. Second pic is the sideways "I'm to lazy to rotate this pic" image of the base, which I have since resprayed. It had some serious rust. Next we have the also rusty silver thingamabob on the back of the machine. I don't know what it is but most of that rust came off with some help from my "bar keepers friend". Last but not least here are two shots of the gilt embellishment on the machine head. Its actually in pretty decent shape, not to much wear even where the fabric would have slid over it all the time. I think the person who last owned it knew it was going into storage for a long time, they caked the thing in machine oil. So it could have been worse. Now I have to figure out if I can replace the missing pieces. Need a new front half of the throat plate, and probably some other parts...

No comments: